User Tools

Site Tools


journal:spring2019:jgallahe:week4

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

journal:spring2019:jgallahe:week4 [2019/02/07 06:32]
127.0.0.1 external edit
journal:spring2019:jgallahe:week4 [2019/02/13 17:58] (current)
jgallahe
Line 1: Line 1:
 =====unix week4===== =====unix week4=====
 ---- ----
-====MONTH DayYEAR====+====FEB 112019==== 
 +GENERAL:
  
-Filler ​text- your entry goes here; remove this line to receive full credit.+links2 ​ - text browser 
 + 
 +wget non-interactive network downloads 
 + 
 +curl -  transfer a URL 
 + 
 + 
 +COMMANDS: 
 + 
 +head - outputs the first part of a file 
 + 
 +tail - output the last lines of a file 
 + 
 +%%^%%a - Start of line 
 + 
 +%%^%%e - End of line 
 + 
 +%%^%%b - move back one char 
 + 
 +%%^%%f - move forward one char 
 + 
 +%%^%%h - Delete char 
 + 
 +%%^%%i - tab 
 + 
 +%%^%%j - enter 
 + 
 +%%^%%k - del curser ​to eol 
 + 
 +%%^%%s - transmit off 
 + 
 +%%^%%q - transmit on 
 + 
 +%%^%%r - search history 
 + 
 +%%^%%t swap current char w/ prev char 
 + 
 +%%^%%y - paste 
 + 
 +%%^%%z - suspend the program 
 + 
 +kill - source flow ( usually used to kill) 
 +------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
 +This week we dove into puzzle box 1. This was a box that we needed to unscramble an ASCII text art file into its intended form. This was done primarily with IO manipulation,​ cut, and paste. I ran into a very odd problem in that I completed the projects and had the text file looking all correct, but my md5sum did not match the one that it should have. This was because in order to unscramble one of the segments I used a line return which in cat gave me what I was looking for but in the nano of the file (which is apparently the smarter function) my line return that had completely erased the part of my line that I wanted it to instead did what it actually said, and just entered the line by one. I am not 100% sure why but that is what happened. Overall this was currently the most frustrating project ths far because of that simple mistake.
  
journal/spring2019/jgallahe/week4.txt · Last modified: 2019/02/13 17:58 by jgallahe